Plant engineering in heavy industry poses special challenges for rolling bearing technology. Recycling and waste plants, steel and gravel plants and the cement industry are extreme areas of application. After all, the rolling bearings here are exposed to dust and dirt, high temperature fluctuations and, last but not least, impacts and vibrations. For this reason, the bearing technology must be designed to be particularly robust and durable.
The requirements at a glance:
- extremely high load capacity
- impact and vibrations loads
- low speed
- special requirements for the tribology
- very good sealing against contamination and optimum corrosion protection
- simple maintenance/mounting/dismounting