Spherical roller bearing unit
Split plummer blocks may soon be deemed obsolescent. For the most part, the light series with self-aligning ball bearing have already been replaced by maintenance-free and ready-to-mount housing bearings. What remain are complicated split plummer blocks, which consist of a large number of components and are popularly offered on the market as type SNH, SNL, SNV, etc. They consist of a bearing (usually a spherical roller bearing), an adapter sleeve, a set of seals, and locating ring. All components have to be installed individually and then lubricated. In addition, their installation, especially the tightening of the adapter sleeves, is very error-prone.
But there’s a much simpler way: The ready-to-mount spherical roller bearing units, also known as the SRU (spherical roller unit), are an innovative replacement for split plummer blocks.
- The housing bearings are equipped with a very robust and highly resistant spherical roller bearing installed in a housing made of high-strength cast iron (GGG).
- Compared to standard housing bearings, their load ratings are many times higher.
- A single component covers both the fixed and floating bearing.
- The pre-lubricated housing bearings compensate for angular errors, offer a high speed range, and guarantee extremely high retaining forces on the shaft.
- You will benefit from simple installation that is not very prone to errors.
- The housing bearing units are available as plummer block with two or four slotted holes. Other housing designs include four-hole flange bearings with and without a centering rim (F and FC design) and s-type bearing models with shaft diameters ranging from 40 to 100 mm.
One special feature of the SRU housing bearing units with spherical roller bearing inserts is Z-LOCK, a patented, especially secure locking system. FYH’s Z-LOCK has given rise to an entirely new way of fastening housing bearings. The locking system is based on a locking ring with a tapered outer diameter. Simply tighten the screw plug with a small amount of force so that the special locking ring moves across the slotted sleeve and closes. The unique, uniform 360° contact surface makes it possible to:
- achieve very high retaining forces
- without damaging the housing bearing’s shaft and
- without negatively impacting the bearing clearance and true running of the bearing insert
Another one of the housing bearings’ special features is the self-aligning triple lip seal with which the bearing units are equipped. The patented sealing system is unique in the industry and it’s what makes the ready-to-mount solution possible in the first place. The triple lip seal can align itself by ±2° and thereby compensate for misalignment issues and shaft deflection. Unlike other solutions, this allows a perfect seal to be ensured in any position. Even when the bearing is at the maximum compensation position, positive contact is permanently maintained with a special sealing washer. The new design protects the housing bearing against a variety of moist and dry contamination and opens up completely new design possibilities for you.