Needle roller and cage assemblies
Needle roller and cage assemblies are the most compact roller bearings with the highest load ratings at the same time. They consist of a cage in which the needles are held. It is particularly important to note that the number of needles may vary while the dimension stays the same, which allows different load ratings to be achieved. The needle sorting used plays a particularly important role when it comes to precision.
- Bearing clearance classes C2, CN, C3 and C4
- | Fa - axial load
- | Noise test by decibels
- | Noise test by vibration level for deep groove ball bearings
- | Noise test by vibration level for tapered roller bearings
- | P - dynamic equivalent load
- | PN/P0 tolerance class for radial bearings (without tapered roller bearings)
ABEG® Quickfinder Software
konstruktiv! is our information channel for engineers and technicians: sign up for the newsletter
Needle sorting available depending on the performance class:
|Sorting||Description||available in ABEG® performance classes|
|G2||Needle diameter deviation from max. 2 µm|
|G3||Needle diameter deviation from max. 3 µm|
|G5||Needle diameter deviation from max. 5 µm|
Cage types may vary depending on the size and application type. We carry various cage designs made of steel sheet and plastic.
An essential property of greases and oils is the reliable mechanical separation of the rolling element from the raceway. Depending on the application, you need special types of grease to achieve this function. The following properties in particular affect the function:
- the starting and operating temperature
- the speed of the bearing
- the external ambient conditions (moisture, contamination, vapors/gases...)
We recommend a lithium complex soap grease for needle-roller bearings under normal operating conditions.
Our application engineer would be happy to analyze your application conditions and recommend suitable lubricants.
Contact for applications consulting